Spinach + Ricotta Mini Pizzas
#21: You even doubt for a second if what you are making will taste good. #SCP
I saw these on Pinterest, here: http://www.marthastewart.com/315967/mini-spinach-and-cheese-pizzas?center=854190&gallery=274796&slide=258244
Thanks, Martha! My housemate and I just had these, with obviously my minor modifications. They were delicious and wonderful. We had three. Each. They were little, it’s fine.
If you can’t tell, I’m attempting to get rid of the bag of spinach I bought last week. It’s still good so we keep eating it. The bag never ends.
I have two pizzas leftover. Maybe taking these to lunch tomorrow will help the day itself go by a little bit (or a lot a bit) quicker.
Ricotta cheese (I used low fat, which was 50% less fat than part-skim ricotta)
In the future, could:
make even smaller versions (maybe on English muffins) for appetizers!
1. Preheat oven to broil.
2. Mix 3/4 cup of ricotta with a teaspoon of Italian seasoning, garlic, and some S&P.
3. Chop up spinach! I just eyeballed it, and piled it high to get rid of it. Probably a couple cups.
4. Spread ricotta mixture on sandwich thins. Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil.
5. Add spinach and a few balls of mozzarella on top of each! The cheese likes to roll off in the oven, beware! and put them in towards the middle.
See that one on the closest pizza? Yeah, that little guy rolled off and I had to scoop him back on with a spoon in the hot oven. I also hit them with the pepper grinder again here.
6. Broil for 5ish minutes, until the cheese on top starts to brown.
Then, GO EAT.
They’re delicious. It’s great and creamy, but also quick and healthy! SOMETHING I NEVER THOUGHT COULD HAPPEN.