Garlic Mashed Potatoes
#8: Late getting home from work, and forgetting that potatoes take a half hour to boil. ETD (Estimated Time of Dinner): 745pm. #SCP
One of my favorite foods is mashed potatoes. Hands down. My father puts sour cream in them. Sigh. So good. This is my first attempt at making them on my own. We also don’t have an electric mixer here, mind you. I cooked the potatoes long enough that I only had to use a knife, and even the clumps weren’t hard/unbearable.
2 yellow potatoes (fav/BEST kind!)
4 cloves of garlic, peeled and halved
butter (shut it. there is no substitute here.)
plain Greek yogurt (sour cream sub)
1. Boil water, add a couple shakes of salt.
2. Cut up potatoes and garlic, place in boiling water.
3. Bring the pot back to a boil again, then turn stove down to simmer and cover until potatoes cook (UGH).
4. Drain pan, put back on low heat to dry out potatoes. I’ve never done this before, thanks Martha Stewart.
5. Remove from heat, add butter, yogurt, and salt until your heart is content.