Strawberry + Pretzel Jell-O Salad
#41: Using a recipe that you are pretty sure you didn’t use last year. #SCP
My brother Ross loves this little desserty side dish. We had it tonight for Christmas dinner! I don’t remember using sugar or brown sugar in the past, but it worked, so I’m not complaining…
Ingredients:1 package of frozen sliced strawberries (ours were whole and Ross cut them while frozen…haha)
2 1/4 C. crushed pretzel rods
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 C. butter
1 C. cream cheese
12 oz (1.5 containers) Cool Whip
2 packages of strawberry Jell-O (3 oz. each)
2 C. boiling water
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Melt the butter and brown sugar together, and mix with pretzel rods. Set in a 9×13 pan.
3. Bake for 8 minutes!
4. In a mixing bowl, mix together the cream cheese, Cool Whip and white sugar until smooth.
5. Spoon in the Cool Whip mixture on top of the pretzels, careful to seal off all the edges. This way, you won’t end up with soggy pretzels.
6. Prepare Jell-O with two cups of boiling water.
7. Mix in strawberries and their juice into Jell-O, and pour over the Cool Whip mixture.
8. Set gelatin in fridge and then EAT!