Shrimp Pasta with Spinach Cream Sauce
#23: Not getting paid for two more weeks… #SCP
It’s good to be back. I went to the store today for nearly 1.5 hours, and it was glorious. I bought no things in the frozen section, and the only processed things I bought were butter spread and hummus. Pretty good, if I do say so myself. The unsuccessful part of the day: I started this post at like 9pm. It’s 1 am…and I didn’t finish.
I pulled a Thomas tonight for dinner. He always liked to make pasta in Scotland, and made cream sauce and loves spinach. I combined all of them tonight, including some shrimp… Not bad, but an interesting combo for sure. This was also my first experience in using a cast iron skillet. So that was exciting. I like shallots because of their slightly more subtle flavor, and their packagine. When cooking for one, a half shallot does just fine. I did learn that shallots make you cry anyway, though. As bad as before…
Parmesan cheese mix
Wee Brie wedge
Old Bay seasoning
1. Boil water for pasta and cook noodles until desired.
2. In a bit of butter, saute a half shallot, minced. (Sorry about some of my pictures. Blackberry probs.)
3. Shell the shrimp and season. Cook in the pan with the shallots, until done. Remove from heat.
4. Add in milk and a Wee Brie wedge. Stir until melted. The cheese helps it to thicken.
I forgot to take a picture of the brie, so here it is, after the fact:
5. Add desired amount of spinach into the pan, and let it wilt down.
6. Throw in a small amount of parmesan. This will thicken the sauce very quickly. Then pour over pasta and shrimp immediately and serve. Garnish with extra parmesan.