Cake Pops: Holiday Edition
#28: Two Words: Cookie Scooper. #SCWIN
Justin is here at home with me for Thanksgiving break. So, lucky him, he’s gotten to make lots of things, including crafts and cake balls with me. We like doing things together – we’re a good team.
So, I know I’ve told you about the horrors of cakeballing before. Butttt. These were nearly effortless, thanks to Justin and our new cookie scoop from Wally World. It made exactly 35 balls, so that was exciting!
We chose to dip some in assorted goodies, and they turned out simply beautiful…and tasty! I’ll post pictures first here today since the original post can already be found here. This will also be reposted on a crafts&beauty blog at The Sparkle Sisters. I encourage you to check it out!
1/2 can frosting
For ours, we toasted sweetened coconut and bought some Andes Mint Creme de Menthe chips for dipping, using yellow cake mix and cream cheese frosting.
1. Bake cake according to instructions.
2. Crumble cake into a bowl.
3. Mix in half can of frosting, to make a cakey paste.
4. Use the cookie scoop to ball out perfectly measured dough, roll a bit into a more ball shape and put on a cookie sheet.
5. Place the cake balls in the freezer.
6. Prepare toppings. We toasted a whole bag of coconut (any ideas to use it would be appreciated) for about 15 minutes in the oven.
7. Prepare chocolate.
8. Remove balls from freezer, and get to dipping!
9. Decorate and enjoy 🙂