Mushroom Risotto + Asparagus
#56 : I’m so out of shape. #SCP
I don’t even remember why I chose this as my SCP five days ago…But it’s true, so I’ll leave it.
We made risotto for the first time and it was STELLAR. YOU MUST. We learned how at a Williams-Sonoma free technique class and saved their little hand out with recipe. We made the mushroom addition ourselves.
Servings: a lot. 6-8?
2 C. Arborio rice
6 C. chicken broth (low sodium)
1/4 C. good olive oil
1/2 medium onion, finely diced
handful of crimini mushrooms, finely diced (about 1C)
1 C. dry white wine
1. Blanch asparagus and chop into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat broth in a small pan to a low warmth. Keep on stove.
4. Add in wine. We used about 3/4 C. cooking wine and 1/4 C. Chinese rice wine.
5. Risotto is an art. We didn’t completely master it, but it tasted pretty dang good. Add one ladle of stock at a time, and still until it is absorbed. Then you just keep doing this until forever.
6. Once you’ve used all the stock, it shooould be done! Take it off the heat, stir in butter, asparagus, a bit more stock if you want, and about a 1/4C. parmesan cheese. Salt and pepper then EAT!